A workstation bridge crane is a truly innovative invention. Unlike normal overhead cranes, a bridge crane works slightly differently. Although the basic principle is lifting things and getting it from one point to another, the bridge crane involves a ‘bridge’ as the name suggests, which allows for all the weight to be transferred to a self supported structure and not the building itself where the crane is used. This method is usually used in overhead handling of heavy objects and building materials.
These cranes are mounted on the floor with an overhead bridge which covers all the area of the building. They have an amazingly vast variety of applications and benefits due to which they are considered to be one of the most effective crane systems for overhead handling and transportation.
Here are few of the many benefits of a Workstation Bridge Crane:
- All types of workstation bridge cranes come in individually picked custom sizes which are often adjustable to suit the needs of the building. Space management is, hence, never an issue.
- A workstation bridge crane can support up to 4000 lbs of weight which is more than enough to move any kind of building material along the bridge.
- Due to its amazing economical design and the low power consumption, it costs lesser than normal cranes. It is in fact, one of the best value cranes out there and will definitely provide more output for lesser investment.
- The cranes include rigid runways and smooth rolling tracks for the most efficient handling and transportation of objects from one point of the bridge to another. Load positioning is always optimum and trolleys and the bridge move smoothly in every turn.
- Putting together a bridge crane is the easiest job in the world. It includes simple bolting together of no more than four columns and with the help of a few man hours of time, any normal person can do it without the help of a welder.
- Its maintenance is typically easy because of the fact that very little of it is required. This shows its long lasting life and how it becomes a long term investment for the buyer.
- Its relocation is again, extremely easy for anyone who wishes to use it somewhere else. This is because of its modular design.
- In a bit more expensive versions, the crane even has multiple bridges or tracks which can lift and deliver more than two items at one time.
Therefore, you see how workstation bridge cranes are truly phenomenal, in both design and efficiency. Indeed, an investment here would be of certain profit.Google+